I recently had the opportunity to film and edit a promo video for our school's production of the musical, Hairspray. It was certainly the quickest video I've ever shot and edited (in the space of two days). It's helped me to get back into the swing of editing and using Premiere Pro, which will be beneficial to my music video.
The band performance The music video is going to be split around 50/50, one half narrative, one half performance. Using 3 cameras (two on tripods and one on a shoulder mount) we went through a range of shots from the serious artist ones to the mick take ones, both of which are commonly found in music videos. For the set I used a black curtain and dark rolls of paper. The lighting for this section was done using the lighting rig with the kind help of the two students in lower school. My intent for the shoot was to get a standard band setup, and make use of a few props like duct tape and a stool.
Comments
Post a Comment