Skip to main content

Progress so far

Production: I have currently filmed what I intended to (except the classroom scene, which I decided to cut a few weeks ago). Overall I am happy with what I have to work with, however if a shot isn't working as well as I intended it to in post-production then pick up shots might be in order.

Post-production: In between filming I've been editing the footage in Premiere Pro and After Effects. This has helped me to know whether I am short of footage or if certain parts need to be cut. A couple more sessions of editing, and  I should be able to show a test audience in order to get vital feedback.

CD: Before filming I started to play around with a design for the digipack, especially the front cover. Currently I am still thinking about sticking to the red/blue and black/white colour scheme. In the next few weeks my aim is to start work on the insert, and try and bring everything together as a more coherent package. For the insert I am thinking about using the photos taken while filming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Initial Music Video ideas

I've started thinking about which songs that I can do for the music video task. I was think about She's Lost Control by Joy Division because I could imagine a narrative following a person that was lost control of their life. However I'm quite reluctant to make a music video for this song, even though it hasn't got one already, it's still quite a famous song and band, therefore I couldn't include a band in video and I like to idea of having both a narrative and performance video in one. Another song idea I had was Moaning Lisa Smile by Wolf Alice, I had a few ideas about this song but there is already a music video to it. She's Hearing Voices by Bloc Party is another song I am considering, as the lyrics are interesting and have a possible reference to the Matrix, which means I can include intertextual references in my video. There is also no music video to this songs,which is good and a narrative/performance video could work with the track. Joy Division -...

Locations (Music Video, Digipack, and Website)

For the music video I'm going to be using six different locations. While at these locations I plan to also take photos for the digipack and band website as this will make it feel like a proper promotional package rather than three individual things. Another reason is that I will have all the band members, so I should be able to get some group photos. The classroom/corridor scene will be filmed in school; the 'dark room' in a store room; band performance in the school hall; the walk to school/protagonist walking to be filmed near to where I live, and the bedroom scene at my house.  5 Ingleton Rd, Hasland, Chesterfield S41, UK | Instant Street View This is where I am planning to shoot the bridge/street scene, as it is a quiet location but has the potential to get a variety of shots. I could film on the top of the hill to get an establishing or a scenic background. It also has a bridge and a train line.